Swimming great Michael Phelps, NFL Pro Bowler Tony Richards, Tour de France winner Vincenzo Nibali, and 18-time NBA All-star Kobe Bryant are just a few of the elite athletes who receive regular acupuncture, cupping and/or tuina treatments.
How can you benefit from the same level of support at your own level of fitness? Through acupuncture’s ability to:
- Reduce inflammation, increase circulation and relax tense muscles.
- Speed up healing of sprains, strains and soft tissue injuries such as bruises and tendonitis.
- Naturally boost energy levels.
What about cupping & sports?
US Swimmer Michael Phelps made the headlines with cupping marks during the 2016 Olympics. Cupping involves placing a glass or plastic cup in problem areas and creating a vacuum inside the cup – suction is created on the skin surface. Stationary or massage cupping is a top modality to:
- Remove toxins and alleviate inflammation.
- Ease stiff muscles, particularly when using massage cupping.
- Promote the healing of any injury or pain, from sports or other causes.
- Alleviate respiratory congestion.
Ask us if cupping could benefit you!
Herbs & Sports
In 1993 when the Chinese women’s track and field team broke multiple world records, the world found out that all the members consumed a special drink made from Cordyceps Sinensis. The modern practice of herbal medicine, diet and supplementation can contribute to:
- Enhanced performance in sports and daily life.
- Faster healing and recovery for injuries such as broken bones, sprains, and strains.
- Less fatigue from strenuous workouts or overtraining.
Ask during your consultation about how herbs and supplements can support your active lifestyle and contribute to a balanced training regimen in any sport or activity.