Oriental medicine has been practiced for more than 2,500 years and includes an extensive diagnosis and treatment principles method and treatment modalities such as acupuncture, herbal medicine, therapeutic massage (tuina) and nutrition counseling. It is a system of medicine that uses signs and symptoms patterns to diagnose and design treatment plans. Over 15 million Americans receive care from oriental medicine doctors. In states like California licensed acupuncturists operate as primary care providers, being able to order blood tests, imaging and refer patients to western specialists.
Other oriental medicine modalities feature:
- Electroacupuncture or E-Stim – the use of fine microcurrent technology sent through the acupuncture needles – E-Stim is particularly effective for stroke recovery, depression and anxiety.
- Lifestyle and Nutritional Counseling –
- Cupping – this employs a glass or bamboo cup as a suction device to stimulate blood circulation
- Tai Chi – a form of physical and breathing exercise
- Qi Gong – breathing and motion exercise
- Meditation – mindfulness,
- Stone Therapy –
- Essential Oils –
Whether you have a condition or not, an oriental medicine doctor can always talk with you and provide a wellness and longevity plan tailored to your particular make up and type and goals.
Do not hesitate to make an appointment at Emperor’s clinic and ask for me! First visit is always free. Call now! (310) 453-8383.